- Don’t ask for what you don’t want.
- You carry five balls in the air; all but one is made of glass. Glass is health, family, friends, spirituality. Rubber is career. Juggle well.
- Be passionate but not emotional.
- Master hard skills early in your career. Master soft skills to get ahead later in your career.
- Know when to ask questions - sometimes in a group, sometimes one-on-one. There is big difference in perception and outcome in these two situations.
- Always do what you say you will do.
- Take lunch – you are not that important.
- Read the cover of sports page every day (no joke!).
I was reading Canadian Business magazine‘s The Next Power Elite cover story and found these gems at the bottom of the page. I could not resist sharing with my readers. Credit for the content goes to August-September issue of Canadian Business.