July 27, 2007
You might have seen that some Indian names are little complicated to pronounce (particularly by our American and Canadian fellows – may be Europeans too).
Now-a-days, Indian names are very common in workplace as offices are quite diverse and multi-cultural. Some have changed their long (or complex to pronounce) Indian names to short ones, the same way William is Bill, Robert is Rob etc.
In this funny clip, a guy from America or Europe goes to (may beSouth) India to work (where long and complex names are common).
Someone forwarded me the link to this video clip on Indian Names (probably from a UK TV show). It’s quite humors, please take it that way.
Have a great day!
July 17, 2007
When managing a project, it comes down to managing work and leading people; and everyone is different; we cannot apply a single rule to get the work done.
Enthusiasm of doing the work depends greatly on the type of job or assignment or things involved. It does not mean that in I.T. all the team members work on designing leading edge product, someone has to do the regular work of running operations, being on call if problem arises or other code maintenance work.
Read the rest of this entry »
July 7, 2007
Attitude towards our life and work defines our place in this universe – physically and spiritually; read, listen, think and act in a positive manner. Our big dreams and actions lead us to where we want to go.
- Once you say you’re going to settle for second, that’s what happens to you in life. -John F. Kennedy
- Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination. -Oscar Wilde
- I not only use all the brains that I have, but all that I can borrow. -Woodrow Wilson
- If I had to live my life again, I’d make the same mistakes, only sooner. -Tallulah Bankhead
- One who has any faith in God should be ashamed to worry about anything whatsoever. -Mahatma Gandhi
- You create your own universe as you go along. -Winston Churchill
- Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen. -Michael Jordan
Have a good weekend!
July 6, 2007
Its blessing to work with people of diverse cultures and backgrounds. Sometimes these differences can bring some unwanted issues in the teams. Being a team leader, you got to be very sensitive about it as it can lead to some conflict; result definitely is low team morale, low productivity and lack of team work.
Team leader has to make an effort that such issues do not arise and keep the good teamwork going. Read the rest of this entry »
July 1, 2007
Canadian are celebrating 140th birthday of Canada.
On July 1, 1897 British North American Act created the federal government and stated that Canada would become an independent dominion or territory of England. At this time Ontario, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Quebec joined the confederation. Sir John McDonald was the first prime minister of Canada.
Read the rest of this entry »