Sense of humor is very important in life. My friend Seema forwarded me an email with some humorous one-liners; I thought I should share it with others.
- Regular naps prevent old age… especially if you take them while driving.
- Having one child makes you a parent; having two makes you a referee.
- Marriage is a relationship in which one person is always right and the other is the husband!
- They said we should all pay our tax with a smile. I tried- but they wanted cash.
- A child’s greatest period of growth is the month after you’ve purchased new school uniforms.
- Don’t feel bad. A lot of people have no talent.
- You can’t buy love. . But you pay heavily for it.
- True friends stab you in the front.
- Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote.
- Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired.
- Those who can’t laugh at themselves leave the job to others.
- They call our language the mother tongue because the father seldom gets to speak.
- Saving is the best thing. Especially when your parents have done it for you.
- Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something.
- Real friends are the ones who survive transitions between address books.
Have a happy day!
It is very simple thing to do and results are excellent and enriching. Often we interpret other people’s actions or behavior negatively when we do not have enough detail about their actions or behavior. My approach is to give benefit of doubt in such case and interpret the action positively instead of taking it otherwise. It saves a lot of energy, calms the mind and also saves lots of ‘brain CPU cycles’. Leaders and managers cannot afford to spend time and energy on negative things, they always think positive and bring positive changes to the organizations and in the lives of people around them.
Continue reading “Positive interpretation of other people’s actions”
Whenever IT project failure is talked, people refer Denver Airport project that failed big time and costed a lot. I have also seen project that failed or cancelled or shrunk. Why is it happening when so many intelligent people are working and we know all the ingredients of project success.
Here are some commonly known factors needed for project success –
Continue reading “10 Steps of Project Success”
We have seen in various sports when a play or a pass is not developing the way expected or falling out of bound, timeout is called. After timeout, team regroups and turns the outcome for that instance or break the momentum of the opponent team going for score. It give opportunity to re-focus, re-think and re-group.
Continue reading “Importance of TimeOut”
- The best time to make friends is before you need them. – Henny Youngman
- The ultimate competitive advantage lies in an organization’s ability to learn and rapidly transform learning into action. – Jack Welch
- You don’t manage people; you manage things. You lead people. – Admiral Grace Hooper
- Life is series of sales situations, and the answer is NO if you don’t ask. – Patricia Fripp
- People make the decisions about you in the first 10 seconds after they meet you for the first time. Do whatever it takes to make those first 10 seconds positive ones. – Tom Hopkins
- No involvement, No commitment. – Steven Covey
- When it is dark enough, you can see the stars. – Charles Beard
Thank you for reading and have a great day!