August 5, 2008
Can’t pick any two? You also need all three – fast, cheap and good?
It has been very commonly used set of options in I.T. when offering an alternative or usually when dealing with issues from outsourced service. Someone will come and say – “Pick any two!”
Sometime ago I was involved in a project where we had to pick any two options and it was very hard to leave out the third one. Many times we had to leave ‘cheap’ and other times ‘fast’, for us ‘good’ was essential and paid the price accordingly. We had to compensate for third left out option through continuous improvement. I kind of thought that this is the dilemma every one will be facing. But it is not the case as I am finding out. Things are getting better.
Read the rest of this entry »
August 3, 2008
Learning from the words of the wise and getting more out of our life should be our goal. As someone said, knowing and not doing is as good as not knowing.
- Big jobs usually go to the men who prove their ability to outgrow small ones. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- The greatest use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it. – William James
- You are the storyteller of your own life, and you can create your own legend or not. – Isabel Allende
- The world will shape you if you let it. To have a sense of yourself as you live, you must make conscious choices. – John Donahoe
- Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved. – William Jennings Bryan
Thanks for your visit and reading the post. Have an excellent day!