February is Black History Month. I was reading on Mr. Frederick Douglass and one of his quote came in front of me. So profound and tells a lot about personal quality! If one lacks integrity, will lack true sense of happiness and accomplishment in life. This quality in leaders and managers takes the organization to new level. This is age of integrity and accountablity. As a trusted advisor to your boss, friends, or to any institute, your currency is Integrity.
Frederick Douglass: I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence.
Here are some selected Quotes for Leaders and Managers:
- Integrity is telling myself the truth. And honesty is telling the truth to other people. – Spenser Johnson
- Integrity is not a conditional word. It doesn’t blow in the wind or change with the weather. It is your inner image of yourself, and if you look in there and see a man who won’t cheat, then you know he never will. – John MacDonald
- I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence. – Frederick Douglass
- Nothing is at last sacred but the integrity of your own mind. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- It’s not what we eat but what we digest that makes us strong; not what we gain but what we save that makes us rich; not what we read but what we remember that makes us learned; and not what we profess but what we practice that gives us integrity. – Francis Bacon
Marcus Aureliu: Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one.