I am on Twitter (follow me) and its very useful tool. I review tweets on my Nokia E71 Smartphone during my lunch break and keep myself updated.
I get to read very interesting and inspiring quotes along with information that people share on Twitter; and I also thought of sharing some quotes with my readers. Here they are:
- You have three choices 1) complain 2) walk the extra mile or 3) create your own highway. – Rajesh Setty/@UpbeatNow
- When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the fire department generally uses water. @mlomb
- If God didn’t want us to smile, he would have given us black teeth. @NarinderSingh
- Countless studies suggest that much more often than not, people reciprocate. So give, smile, love and help. @sanderssays
- Have courage. It permits you to accomplish things even when they take longer than you thought. That’s what life is all about. @kenblanchard
Let me know what your thoughts are and if you are on Twitter. Thanks.
2008 is nearing the completion of business work days and it was one of the eventful year. We have seen all from US election to Canadian elections, Wall-street meltdown to Automotive bailout, Saturday Night Live comedy to economic worries. All the stuff, never thought of.
But when it comes to our professional life, one needs to make sure there are no unexpected surprises. I have mentored and provided guidance to few people over the year and have also asked for advice from my peers. Some people either make small issues into big problems or do not even have clue what is wrong. Here are some of the points to consider-
- Get feedback from your boss; have 1 on 1 regularly (weekly or monthly) to align objectives.
- Grow your professional network by volunteering at work, in community or join any organization.
- Understand that everyone is different; workplaces are diverse.
- Totally messed up? If you are honest, you’ll get another chance. Life is bigger than that!
- Do not just focus on getting credit of everything you do or say. Give credit where deserved.
- Be careful about sarcastic sense of humor. It may be wise to stay quiet.
- If you do extraordinary job you get promotion as a result. Its not the other way.
- Help others grow and learn. Don’t be afraid that someone will steal your idea.
- Take vacation or take time out. Its must to revitalize your energies and focus.
- Try to listen. Pay attention to your superiors and peers.
- Dress according to your job profile, at least.
- Do not make ‘difference of opinions’ at work your personal issue.
I firmly believe if we are serious to improve ourselves, we can start afresh anytime. Its never too late and Life is bigger than that!
Thanks for reading and let me know what you think.
I got this humorous email today from one of my friend with subject “Newton’s Unpublished Laws” and found it quite funny, I thought of sharing with you all to kick-off the weekend on a lighter note.
I have ready many laws (including Murphy’s law) but these are quite unique someone came up with. And credit goes to whoever wrote it…
- LAW OF QUEUE: If you change queues, the one you have left will start to move faster than the one you are in now.
- LAW OF TELEPHONE: When you dial a wrong number, you never get an engaged tone.
- LAW OF MECHANICAL REPAIR: After your hands become coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch.
- LAW OF THE WORKSHOP: Any tool, when dropped, will roll to the least accessible corner.
- LAW OF THE ATTRACTION: If you tell the boss you were late for work because you had a flat tire, the next morning you will have a flat tire.
- BATH THEOREM: When the body is immersed in water, the telephone rings.
- LAW OF ENCOUNTERS: The probability of meeting someone you know increases when you are with someone you don’t want to be seen with.
- LAW OF THE RESULT: When you try to prove to someone that a machine won’t work, it will!
- LAW OF BIO-MECHANICS: The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the reach.
- THEATRE RULE: People with the seats at the farthest from the aisle arrive last.
- LAW OF COFFEE: As soon as you sit down for a cup of hot coffee, your boss will ask you to do something which will last until the coffee is cold.
Don’t you find some of these actually true? Thanks for visiting and have a great weekend!