- Stay on track. Don’t give your critics the ammunition they expect. – Larry Weidel
- Your ability to build & lead team to solve complex problems will define you as a leader, deal maker and innovator. – Tim Sanders
- Be stubborn about your goals, and flexible about your methods. – Vala Afshar
- Impatience only makes you look week. It is a principal impediment to power. – Robert Greene
- Learning is NOT NOT NOT a linear process!!!!!!! – Tom Peters
- Stop what you are doing and decide to do something of long term value! What can you do today, that will have an impact file years from now. – James Shepherd
- Strategy is not the consequence of planning but the opposite, its starting point. – Henry Mintzberg
- Run with your head the first two-thirds of a race and with your heart the final third. – Jack Daniels
- A good team is a great place to be, exciting, stimulating, supportive, successful. A bad team is horrible, a sort of human prison. – Charles Handy
- In adversity, remember to keep an even mind. – Horace
- Do not pray for tasks equal to your powers; pray for powers equal to your tasks. – Phillips Brooks
- The secret of getting things done is to act. – Dante Alighieri
- Constant dripping hollows out a stone. – Lucretius
- The first great gift we can bestow on others is a good example. – Thomas Marell
February is Black History Month. I was reading on Mr. Frederick Douglass and one of his quote came in front of me. So profound and tells a lot about personal quality! If one lacks integrity, will lack true sense of happiness and accomplishment in life. This quality in leaders and managers takes the organization to new level. This is age of integrity and accountablity. As a trusted advisor to your boss, friends, or to any institute, your currency is Integrity.
Frederick Douglass: I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence.
Here are some selected Quotes for Leaders and Managers:
- Integrity is telling myself the truth. And honesty is telling the truth to other people. – Spenser Johnson
- Integrity is not a conditional word. It doesn’t blow in the wind or change with the weather. It is your inner image of yourself, and if you look in there and see a man who won’t cheat, then you know he never will. – John MacDonald
- I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence. – Frederick Douglass
- Nothing is at last sacred but the integrity of your own mind. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- It’s not what we eat but what we digest that makes us strong; not what we gain but what we save that makes us rich; not what we read but what we remember that makes us learned; and not what we profess but what we practice that gives us integrity. – Francis Bacon
Marcus Aureliu: Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one.
- Do not count your chickens before they are hatched. – Aesop
- The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is 90% probability you will get it wrong. – Andy Rooney
- If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster. – Clint Eastwood
- Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment. – Barry LePartner
- Success is the sum of small efforts – repeated day in and day out. – Robert Collier
- I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it’s been. – Wayne Gretzky
- Before anything else, preperation is the key to success. – Alexander Graham Bell
- If your ship doesn’t come in, swim out to it. – Jonathan Winters
- In risk, if you perform, it produces great opportunities. – John Hammergren, CEO McKesson Corp
- You just can’t get too focused on what’s going to happen in the next quarter. You have to worry about where the business is headed long-term. – James Sinegal, Founder & CEO Costco
- If you don’t have a competitive advantage, don’t compete. – Jack Welch, Chairman & CEO GE
- Capital isn’t scarce; vision is. – Sam Walton, Founder Wal-Mart
- Sometimes size is an asset. Sometimes, it’s a liability. – Marco Provera, Chairman & CEO Pirelli Group
- Communication is the only task you cannot delegate. – Roberto Goizueta, Chairman & CEO Coca-Cola
- Thought is the blossom; language the bud; action the fruit behind it. — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Many people like to think that they’ll find balance AFTER they find success. But in reality, achieving balance IS success. — Brian Koslow
- Success always has a price; success, with integrity, is the real bottom line. — Denis Waitley
- The greatest natural resource in the world is the spirit that resides in every unstoppable person. — Cynthia Kersey
- Believe you can and you are halfway there. — Theodore Roosevelt
- A great attitude is not the result of success; success is the result of a great attitude. — Earl Nightingale
- Life is either a grand adventure or it is nothing. — Helen Keller
Here is a collection of 7 quotes for achievers; I collected these from an electronic newsletter called ‘Seeds of Success’ – by Success magazine. Quickly reading a quote either from a great philosopher or anyone anonymous is not justice to the wealth hidden in the words. Take a moment and imagine why would have this person said or wrote these words.
What do you think?
Thank you for reading and reflecting on these quotes, and have a great time.