May 22, 2014
It all comes down to the decisions a leader makes. I believe following 5 quotes will inspire you as well.
- Nothing is particularly hard if you divide it into small jobs. – Henry Ford
- By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail. – Ben Franklin
- Diversity in counsel, unity in command. – Cyrus the Great
- Chance favors the prepared mind. – Louis Pasteur
- Deliberate often. Decide once. – Latin proverb
February 15, 2012
Guard Your Integrity
February is Black History Month. I was reading on Mr. Frederick Douglass and one of his quote came in front of me. So profound and tells a lot about personal quality! If one lacks integrity, will lack true sense of happiness and accomplishment in life. This quality in leaders and managers takes the organization to new level. This is age of integrity and accountablity. As a trusted advisor to your boss, friends, or to any institute, your currency is Integrity.
Frederick Douglass: I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence.
Here are some selected Quotes for Leaders and Managers:
- Integrity is telling myself the truth. And honesty is telling the truth to other people. – Spenser Johnson
- Integrity is not a conditional word. It doesn’t blow in the wind or change with the weather. It is your inner image of yourself, and if you look in there and see a man who won’t cheat, then you know he never will. – John MacDonald
- I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence. – Frederick Douglass
- Nothing is at last sacred but the integrity of your own mind. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- It’s not what we eat but what we digest that makes us strong; not what we gain but what we save that makes us rich; not what we read but what we remember that makes us learned; and not what we profess but what we practice that gives us integrity. – Francis Bacon
Marcus Aureliu: Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one.
August 14, 2009
Here are 6 quotes for I.T. managers from Norman R. Augustine
- Hardware works best when it matters the least.
- A revised schedule is to business what a new season is to an athlete or a new canvas to an artist.
- One of the most feared expressions in modern times is ”The computer is down”.
- It has been wisely said that the world is not interested in the storms you encountered but in whether you brought the ship in safely.
- If a sufficient number of management layers are superimposed on top of each other, it can be assured that disaster is not left to chance.
- The last 10 percent of performance generates one-third of the cost and two-thirds of the problems.
Thank you for visiting and have a great day.