Have you dreamed about publishing your own newspaper? Here is quick way to publish one.
Some days ago I got a link on twitter to an online newspaper about social media content. I was impressed and thought its lot of work put in by the author to compile so many sources and presenting in an attractive layout.
Isn’t it impressive? This is quite easy to produce and took less than 2 minutes, thanks to www.paper.li for this services.
Most of us use either Twitter or Facebook (or both in many cases). This tool organizes links shared on Twitter into an easy to read newspaper-style format. Newspapers can be created for any Twitter user, list or #tag to read and share. It assumes that you have account setup on either of the service.
This service can be used with Twitter or Facebook, since I use Twitter, I utilized my Twitter lists. All I did was setup an account, entered values to read stream of my Twitter account’s list that has many project management resources subscribed.
- Go to www.paper.li and sign in using your Twitter account.
- Click on ‘create a newspaper’ link
- Click on ‘create a custom newspaper’ button
- Enter Title for your newspaper
- Select the people on Twitter that can contribute to the paper, I used Twitter List @projectgurus that I have created. I also use #PMOT (hash-tag).
- Click on ‘Publish Paper’ to complete and that’s it.
- You can automate it to be sent each day on a set time.
How does it make your life easier as a project manager?
This tool scan the Twitter list/hash-tag or user list each day based on your preferences and gives you a readable format newspaper – most relevant.
Does it replace the following of your twitter feeds?
No, it provides selected content and mainly where links are embedded in tweets to the other websites.